Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 10

January 13, 2010

Running:
Since I was a total slacker yesterday on my scheduled run, I ran today to make up for it. It was a scheduled run for 30 minutes. The night weather was cool and crisp as I started out with the stars and moon shining brightly.  I love it when the sky is bright and clear when I run. It perpetuates the solitary feeling of individual freedom associated with wide open spaces and the freeing feeling that occurs while I actually run.

I covered 2.3 miles in the 30 minutes. I chose a course that was abundant in hills. At several points in the run I felt like I could run forever. This feeling was actually new to me. Perhaps it is something I experienced as a child but I don't really recall it.  In turn, there were several points in the run (namely the hardest point in running up a hill) when I wondered to myself, what am I doing? Can I make it? Alas, I did make it up the hill each and every time. No point to continue to question myself about those particular hills then, they have been conquered!

Cooking:
No cooking today. We had leftover sauteed veggies and steamed rice. I added some garbanzo beans to the mixture. . . .have I mentioned I am starving all the time these days? One of my dear friends suggested I eat a hamburger. The answer was no, not currently an option. But I do need to focus on getting some more grains and protein in me so I dont need to eat every two hours!