Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 21

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today was an independent timed run. I was supposed to run for 40 minutes and I did it.  I am on day 21. Three weeks.  Had you asked me three weeks ago if I could run for 40 minutes I am pretty sure I would have said no. So not only did I run 40 minutes but I ran 3.42 miles.  I am surprised. Honestly, very surprised. I will keep following the plan, look to my mentors for guidance as required, and just keep on doing it.

I am feeling pretty good overall.  I am still concerned about my running shoes. I really feel like I should make sure I am wearing the correct kind but I refuse to go to the store until I have the money to pay for new ones should they be recommended or required.  I don't want to plant any seed of doubt in my mind. I hope to get in there within the next three weeks to check it out.

Other than that my knees are starting to hurt a little and the mornings seem to come waaaaaay too soon. I have decided though that I really need to alternate my run days with some core workouts. (just keep stacking it onto my plate)

I run again on Thursday. I look forward to it! Wish me luck.....