Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 23

Thursday January 28, 2010

Oh man I did NOT want to run today. When I finally got home from work, picking up and dropping off kids, the cheer parent meeting and the PSAT Results meeting I must openly say that I was not feeling it. Not even a tiny bit.  I threw myself onto my bed like a child and proceeded to pout by myself for a few minutes.

I had seen the moon earlier when I was driving and it was so big in the sky and close looking. At least the moon will be pretty and I can look at it when I run. Alas, I picked myself up and assembled myself. Drank a bit of water and out the front door I went.

What was I thinking??? I headed inadvertently down the path with all the big hills. Auugghhh. But I kept going. The moon was high and bright in the sky and the air was chilly on my legs. It took me longer than usual to get into a rhythm. That being said, the first 15 - 20 minutes was a struggle. I think I have just not yet conquered the hills yet. Apparently we have not made friends yet. We will, eventually, we will.

I ran 3.32 miles with a pace of 12'35". Even now, as I am running, I think 'wow, I am running! Very cool!' Although I was being a lagger because I was tired, I found the strength to challenge myself and do it any way. For today, it is a triumph!