Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 28

February 2, 2010



I was a big loser last Saturday for my run. I didn’t go. My alarm went off and I just kept on sleeping. It was supposed to meet the club at 7:45. I woke up to my alarm going off at 7:50. My alarm was going off for over an hour and I just kept right on sleeping. It was one of those situations when I was thinking I was dreaming but it was really happening. . . . Boogers!
So I didn’t go my long run. It was supposed to be 4 or 5 miles. I decided I would make it up with my run this week. I ended up running 4.44 miles. It felt great (mostly when I was done). I just stuck to the plan. Run 4 minutes and walk 1 minute. I ran on the treadmill again. I am finding I like being able to pick and set the pace. Coupled with the fact that it doesn’t hurt my knees! I want to do at least half of my runs on the treadmill versus in the street.
I realized during this last run that I have now been able to manage my breathing. Previous efforts at running were hindered by my inability to manage my breathing effectively. I no longer sound asthmatic while I run and I no longer look like I am having some sort of attack, ya know, grasping my chest, doubling over, gulping down air……. instead I just run.
I had a pretty stressful day and was exhausted. My son hadn't been feeling well so I had him lay down early and I rubbed his back at 7:00 pm. He and I both fell asleep. I woke up around 8:45 and dragged myself into my running clothes and down to the garage. My lack of enthusiasm quickly dissipated as the stresses of the day melted away with each stride.
Who knew exercise was a stress reliever? This is fantastic!