Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 31


Sunday February 7, 2010
My run schedule is way off from the running club. I am actually way, way off and am wondering if I can get back on track. Hmmmm. No choice really. I am thinking I better figure it out....and fast.
Wanting and doing something for myself can be challenging, okay, it is challenging. My weekends are filled with kids, housework, homework, bills, groceries. . . blah blah blah. It is an uphill battle to find the time and energy to fit in the runs. This weekend was exceptionally difficult as my daughter needed me to be mentally and physically present and available to her. She has a dear friend that very recently moved to New York. Her friend was shot several times on Saturday and is on life support. She cried and cried and cried. I just kept checking in on her and holding her, like when she was little.
When my daughter finally went to sleep Sunday night, I went to the garage for my run. Unfortunately, I was exhausted. I only managed to squeak out about 2 miles before I stopped. At this point, its not the five miles I had hoped for but something is definitely better than nothing.
At this rate, I am questioning the ability to meet my goal.