Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 4

Cooking: Roasted Garlic
As promised I will explain how I roasted my own garlic.  I purchased whole fresh garlic bulbs. I peeled off a bit of the excess skin on the outside.  The top of the garlic bulb needs to be cut off then drizzle some olive oil on the top of the garlic bulb. Put the garlic bulb on a pan, cover with aluminum foil, place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Not only does the house smell amazing as it roasts but the garlic keeps in the fridge for several weeks and it is super easy to use in cooking (actually way easier than unroasted garlic).

Running:
Tonights run was a bit of a challenge as my son who is 9 wanted to come with on his scooter. There were pro's and con's to allowing him to come but my love and dedication to promoting fitness as a family, I couldn't resist. So we embarked upon our adventure together. Amazingly enough we walked / ran / scootered 2.11 miles in a little over 27 minutes. Justin and I talked while we exercised. It was a fun to be with him and it was a good bonding experience. My kids are really neat people.

I was listening to my ipod during the warm up (as it is the hardest part for me) and Justin was flagging me down to get my attention at one point. I pulled my ear phone out and he said that the guy in the black truck that just drove by was calling to me out his window. I was like Really? Justin told me the guy said 'hey do you want to go on a date with me?'  It is my first cat call. Of course the response to any guy screaming out his window at me is No, no and no. But, honestly, I am the tiniest bit flattered.  Is this considered progress?