Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day IDK: LOL

It has been too long since I wrote. I feel guilty for it. Unfortunately, my long list of things to do every day has prevented me from spending time on my own self satisfaction derived from blogging and sharing with the world my progress and trials.

I have not been running as much as I need to. It has been two to three times per week versus the much need solid four  to five times. Although there is some guilt associated with not following the running clubs plan to the letter, it is still so much more than I was ever exercising last fall that I wont allow myself to feel badly about it.

I ran last night. It was a rocky 65 minutes in which I ran 4.85 miles. I did the walk /run with a 5 minute warm up and then a cool down. There was a period of the run that I couldn't get my breathing under control. That is one of the hardest things I think to work through during a run. Afterwards, I felt like a million bucks.

Today, I have chafing under my right arm and on the inside of my thighs (awful, just awful). AND I feel like I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Please tell me how that is even possible? I realize my core strength is lacking but really?

Despite the after effects of the run, I am immensely glad I did it and look forward to a shorter run tonight.

I have not been as diligent to ensure I run each night that I am supposed to run according to the schedule. I have been tired and slightly overwhelmed with work stresses, potential lay off situation, resume writing, school work and general single mother stresses (and can I say LAUNDRY? - WHERE does it all come from????). It has seemed at the end of the day, instead of being excited to gear up in my running clothes, I have been more inclined to try and go to bed early.

Last night I decided to put on my running clothes before I tucked Justin into bed and that really seemed to help.

I look forward to my first half marathon in June. I am still on track.

I looked up the America's Finest City Half Marathon on August 15th in San Diego. I went ahead and signed up.

My original challenge to myself was to complete FOUR Half Marathons and ONE Marathon before I turned 40.  I have 18 months left to complete this challenge.

I have one Half Marathon scheduled for June and one Half Marathon scheduled for August. After August, I will have two more Half Marathons and the one Marathon to complete in a little over a year. I feel like I might be cutting it close.