Monday, April 12, 2010

Day # Since the Beginning? IDK

So I think I am tracking my day numbers in the wrong way. I started out on day one counting up and I think I should have a count down to when I turn 40.  The ultimate goal is to run a marathon and several half marathons before I turn 40. So, going forward, I will count down to 40 years old and I will also advise how many days until the next race. I think that makes more sense.

Currently, I am scheduled to run a Half Marathon on June 6, 2010. I will be participating in the San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon. This is the first year that the half is offered and I am glad that it is. I am currently running in a schedule where every week I have to up my distance by one mile until I reach the infamous 13 miles.

I noticed a bit ago that I was using the Nike Plus system to track my distances and there was a slight variation from the distance logged by my treadmill. This was relatively insignificant when I was running a few miles. On Saturday my treadmill logged 6 miles and Nike Plus logged 7 miles.  My goal for the day was 6 miles so as long as both said at least 6 miles, I was confident I ran at least 6 miles. If I ran more, no harm no foul. I just really didn't want to cheat myself.

It took me forever to log the 6 miles on the treadmill. I wasn't sure I was ever going to get there. It actually got a little bit boring just running and running and running in my garage by myself.  To assist in the future, I went ahead and got some new music for my ipod that should help entertain me.

I felt like I was starving for the rest of the weekend. Ha I still wonder if it is merely psychosymatic or not. Come Sunday morning, I went for about a 1.5 mile walk to loosen up my legs and lower back. It was much needed and helped with some of the dull soreness.

Despite the challenges to the running schedule, it is truly something I enjoy. I continue to be amazed at this concept. I - LOVE - RUNNING

........I am such a nerd  : )